Have you been trying to increase the horsepower and torque of your Toyota for a long time, but don’t know how to do it? Then you’re lucky to be reading this tutorial. This is where I will explain to you the best way to upgrade your vehicle with just air intake system. And if you are interested in this topic and how you can quickly enhance your truck, then keep reading on and follow the tips below:
Certainly, only with the help of the cold air intake you can increase the horsepower of Toyota Scion FRS. But first you need to understand what the air intake system is and how it works. The thing is that the cold air is sucked in by removing the engine air filter, so that the intake air is cooled. Typically, the air comes out from a place near the engine and it is very hot because of this. However, colder air with more oxygen, so be aware that extra oxygen makes a bigger bang from the same amount of fuel. Also, the cold air intakes are engineered for more efficient air flow than your vehicle’s factory-assembled, traditional air intakes. In other words, the air intake system process itself is actually simple.
As I said, the cold air intake system is the best and first performance and tuning improvement of the vehicle. Moreover, this system is very easy to install and it does not take you much time. Cool, isn’t it? In addition to reducing the amount of hot air, the system increases cylinder filling efficiency and adds power to Toyota.
There are a huge number of air intake systems on the market right now and each model has a different intake type, location and size. But I can tell you that it will add about 5 to 15 horsepower.
Now let’s talk about the engine air filter. Honestly, it would be a good experience for any beginner and real driver to change the air filter Scion FRS. Actually, changing the air filter in the engine is not that difficult and it will be pretty quick. The whole process consists of 9 steps. But if you don’t know how to do it, then follow them:
- The first thing you need to do is obviously open the hood of your Toyota. To do this, pull the hood release lever under the dashboard on the driver’s side. Then you can unhook it and finally lift it up.
- Then you need to take off the air filter of a Toyota. This is not that difficult. First try to locate the filter unit. Be aware that it is near the center, but not far from the front of the Toyota.
- The next step is to disconnect the latches that hold the air box. There are only two of them.
- Then be careful. First you need to divide the air box into two parts. On the bottom you will be able to see two pegs. They are the ones that keep it from moving, and the suction tube kind of limits your movement.
- Then simply remove the previous air filter.
- Next, pay attention to the air filter and examine it. How do you know whether to change it or not? The thing is, if it’s trashy or just dirty, then it’s time to replace it. However, if the filter is still clean, then you can safely leave it to run a little longer.
- Now to install the new filter you need to put it in the box. Be aware that it has one square corner to help you set it properly. This square corner goes from the bottom toward the center line of the vehicle.
- The next step is very simple. Place the air filter in front of the front box and close it. Keep in mind that the tabs on the bottom must be properly inserted and the filter must be completely sealed in the box. Unfortunately, the suction tube can restrict your movement, which is a little frustrating. But be a little patient and let it take a couple of tries, if needed.
- And finally, just fasten the 2 clamps in place.
Now you know that a cold air intake system can actually increase the power and torque of your Toyota. What’s more, you’ll now find it easy to replace the filter too. In the end, did you enjoy this tutorial? If so, I suggest you post a comment and share the link with your friends!